Greenwood supports several mechanisms to encourage and incentivize economic growth:
- Local property and personal business property tax incentives are available to eligible companies making significant property/building investments, creating new jobs at competitive wages, and/or creating a significant economic impact on the community.
- State income tax incentives are available to qualifying companies, including credits to support job creation, capital investment, out-of-state relocation, research and development, and more.
- Training grants are available to assist businesses with employee training and skill upgrades required to support new capital investment.
- Property improvement grants are available to companies revitalizing historic properties.
- Energy credits available from utility companies for “green” design and energy-saving operations.
Questions? Send us a note, and we’ll help explain your options.